Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Phase one

I'm starting to develop a new scripting language, it will be called Bizarre. You ask why I'm making one when there are some many out there. My answer is simple; I'm doing this for fun. I don't expect many users but I do hope that the users I get are happy with the language.
As soon as I get a Pre Alpha 0.1 out I'll start (almost) daily snapshots via SVN on sourceforge. As this is the first day of development don't expect any releases of the software until about Thursday.
My plan for updating will be like this
I would recommend that if you are planning on using Bizarre for applications; wait for the bug release, even though I will be fixing some bugs in a feature release, I plan on making Bizarre more stable on a bug release.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds bizarre, lol. What features will Bizarre have? What platform(s) will it run on? Any special programs needed to run Bizarre scripts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, the name was my dads idea. It won't be as powerful as most of the popular scripting languages like python and ruby but it will be pretty powerful. As for features I'm thinking of adding variables, arrays, tonnes of the usual console commands, file I/O, and sockets(networking). It will run on Windows, Mac and linux. Well you'll need the bizarre binary. I haven't done much so far. I was just really excited yesterday Lol. And I'm planning to keep this going for as long as I have spare time. So It will be updated almost everyday :D

      Delete